Kanmon is a mission-driven company reimagining the core infrastructure at the heart of commercial credit. They enable B2B software platforms to unlock new revenue potential while connecting their SMB customers to the transparent and tailored financing options they need at the key moment they need it. As a licensed commercial lender, Kanmon provides the capital and assumes all credit risk, unlocking a full suite of fully-embedded financing options, including term loans, lines of credit, invoice financing, and purchase order financing.
We were really looking for flexibility and trust, especially now, given where markets and banks have been the past couple of years. We wanted a platform that we could trust was solid, safe, and a true partner — because we ourselves work with platforms and merchants, so we understand that relationship well. Orum has been that true partner and more.Roland Mansilla Head of Product at Kanmon
Kanmon’s Payments Problem
As Kanmon planned to launch a new, critical product, direct refinancing, the company shopped around for a payments partner who could help them launch quickly and serve their customers’ unique needs. But the Kanmon team found many payments companies offered one-size-fits-all solutions, with a standard set of features and workflows for all. That just didn’t work for Kanmon’s wide range of commercial lending products and varying client needs.
Kanmon’s Head of Product, Roland Mansilla, chose Orum because of its flexibility — both with its API and overall approach. Orum’s API orchestrates money movement, optimizing for speed and cost, allowing Kanmon to offer a wide array of commercial lending options in a way that suits unique client needs.
Previous payments partners had pigeonholed Kanmon into existing offerings, pushing their questions to operations teams rather than product and engineering experts, resulting in significant friction and an inability to request new features. By contrast, Orum’s team delivered product and technology expertise and significant payments experience. Throughout everything, Orum’s customer success team stayed in close touch to expedite and launch Kanmon’s unique feature requests.
Partnering with Orum allowed Kanmon to launch its direct refinancing product in less than a week, while scaling to support several large new customers. With that success, Kanmon is confident Orum will fuel the speedy launch of future products and enable exponential company growth.
Orum’s Money Movement Solution
Orum delivered four major advantages over Kanmon’s previous payments partner:
- Offered a highly flexible, modern API that delivered access to all major rails without costly bank integrations or prolonged compliance. Orum’s API orchestrates money movement, optimizing for speed and cost while providing access to RTP, FedNow, Same Day ACH, ACH, and Wires.
- Enabled quick launch of a new financing product, within less than a week thanks to straightforward API docs, a collaborative approach to customer success, and a team of payment experts who provided informed support each step of the way.
- Responded enthusiastically to unique needs and feature requests, replacing a provider that was difficult to get ahold of, did not take the time to understand niche use cases, and bucketed customers into one-size-fits-all payment features.
- Brought a tech-first approach to strategy, procurement, and overall go-to-market processes, matching Kanmon’s desire to deliver white-glove service to their own customers — seeing their own values and belief in phenomenal customer service reflected in every touchpoint made by Orum.
Orum made us feel heard right away. Previous partners’ setups were pigeonholed with one set of workflows and one vision for how payments and transactions needed to be done, which made it very difficult to get user requests or feature requests answered. Orum connected us quickly with customer success team members who heard us, understood us, and responded to our needs. Orum met us at the table not only with the technology—but also flexibility about how our specific business works.Roland Mansilla HEAD OF PRODUCT AT KANMON
Why Orum’s Payment Solution is Better Than Direct-to-Bank
Orum’s simple API integration for fast, reliable payments provides three significant advantages over working directly with a bank.
- Save $2 million and 2 years — that’s the typical investment required to complete traditional bank integrations. Avoid engineering and operational costs associated with directly integrating with and maintaining a bank program.
- Accelerate the onboarding process by integrating in two weeks or less, saving time and money.
- Access all major payment rails — including RTP, FedNow, Same Day ACH, ACH, Wires — via one API, with a team of experts to help along the way. Orum is backed by the most reputable payments experts, top tier banks, and investors — all to ensure delivery of every transaction 24/7/365.
After the success of a product launch using Orum, I feel very confident we’ll be able to continue to launch new products super quickly — and that’s just the start. We have all sorts of financial services that we want to eventually bundle into our platform. With Orum’s team behind us and their support as we continue to scale, we’re confident in our ability to rapidly and safely grow together.Drew LewisHEAD OF GROWTH AT KANMON
Want to learn more about the simplest API for fast, reliable payments and instant bank account verification? See how quickly Orum can help. Get in touch today.